Install

May 19, 2008 at 3:49 PM
I'm excited to use this, but how do I install it?  Thanks.
Coordinator
May 19, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Just take the WSP file and using the stsadm sharepoint tool deploy it to the server.

Or as i am very lazy i always use the great WSPBuilder tool to create the WSP and the WSPDeploy to deploy it to the server, once you download the tool, the syntax is:

c:/WSPDeploy.exe NAMEOFTHEWSP.WSP

this needs to be run on the server.

matt9250 wrote:
I'm excited to use this, but how do I install it?  Thanks.

May 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response, I have been out for a while so I am just now installing.  One thing when using stsadm was when deploying I had to add the '-url' function to it, so like stsadm -o deploysolution -name <template_name>.wsp -allowgacdeployment -url http://sitename to apply it to an app.

So my question is, I have disabled attachments on my custom list and have a picture library on my site, but I don't have an option to pick a picture library to use like you have on your video.  I am using WSS3.0, do I need MOSS for it to work?  On my list customize screen, under general settings, all i have is title, decription, navigation/Versioning settings/advanced settings.

Thanks again for your help, hopefully I can get it working!
May 29, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Thanks for the quick response, I have been out for a while so I am just now installing.  One thing when using stsadm was when deploying I had to add the '-url' function to it, so like stsadm -o deploysolution -name <template_name>.wsp -allowgacdeployment -url http://sitename to apply it to an app.

So my question is, I have disabled attachments on my custom list and have a picture library on my site, but I don't have an option to pick a picture library to use like you have on your video.  I am using WSS3.0, do I need MOSS for it to work?  On my list customize screen, under general settings, all i have is title, decription, navigation/Versioning settings/advanced settings.

Thanks again for your help, hopefully I can get it working!
May 30, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Sorry my last message go posted twice somehow.  So another question, do I need to enable something on my site collection features?  like here to show up in my list settings? http://www.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=SPListDisplaySetting&DownloadId=28560

thanks again!
May 30, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Sorry my last message go posted twice somehow.  So another question, do I need to enable something on my site collection features?  like here to show up in my list settings? http://www.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=SPListDisplaySetting&DownloadId=28560

thanks again!
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2008 at 4:03 AM
yes you are right go to site settings -> site features and you have to find an entry like this:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_xklareAo25Q/SEYEX6piElI/AAAAAAAAABg/X7vuhxPOto8/s1600-h/feature.JPG

if you cant find that you miss a step in deployment, my recomendation is use WSPBuilder for deplyments, i dont know the correct syntax of the stsadm cause im a slacker when it comes to non value added steps. Another very good stsadm replacement is sushi.

but in order to answer your question see the pic, hope that the Cosma IT doesnt bother!!!

Guillermo, let me know what happend, or if you need further assistance.
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2008 at 4:06 AM
You dont need MOSS fo this to work!!, just make sure to add the Image Enhancer column once you activate the feature.

gbustamante wrote:
yes you are right go to site settings -> site features and you have to find an entry like this:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_xklareAo25Q/SEYEX6piElI/AAAAAAAAABg/X7vuhxPOto8/s1600-h/feature.JPG

if you cant find that you miss a step in deployment, my recomendation is use WSPBuilder for deplyments, i dont know the correct syntax of the stsadm cause im a slacker when it comes to non value added steps. Another very good stsadm replacement is sushi.

but in order to answer your question see the pic, hope that the Cosma IT doesnt bother!!!

Guillermo, let me know what happend, or if you need further assistance.

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:19 PM
I have added the enahnced picture column, disabled allow attachments, and have selected an image library.  So then when I go to add a new item, the picture field is listed but no upload function is available.  Do the picture fields need to be named the same in the picture library and the list or something like that?  Or are there any other little things I need to be sure to do?  Thanks again, sorry I am needing so much help.

Thanks - Matt
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Hello Matt;

I have the same issue as you, Field is listed but no Upload section? What is the resolution?
Jun 27, 2008 at 1:53 PM
No resolution yet.  I feel I am so close.  I have a test environment I have set up, I will soon be installing from scratch on there, maybe it will work.  I will post what i find out.

BobBreton wrote:
Hello Matt;

I have the same issue as you, Field is listed but no Upload section? What is the resolution?

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:19 AM
Hi Matt/Bob,

I also have the same problem as yours. Have you figured out how to make this thing work?
Thanks.

Hi Guillermo,
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Guys you need to enable AJAX in your sharepoint follow this url or google enable ajax on sharepoint. as the control is using some ajax to delete the picture from the list.

ill try to answer faster!!

and if you have any other question please post here.
Jul 17, 2008 at 2:07 PM
AJAX?!  Guillermo, I wish I would have known that before I spent all this time trying to get it to work.  I can't afford to spend any more time on it and not work, would have been very useful though.  Thanks anyway.
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM
Sorry man, ill be a little bit more active on answering here, if you want to spend some more minutes, ajax is very simple to install its just a matter of modifying the web.config and its all documented.
Jul 29, 2008 at 2:10 AM
Hi Guillermo,
Thanks for the  instruction, it is working right now. However,  the file browser control does not appear if I create a Custom List Form.
Jul 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM
Another thing, I can't deactive this feature.